EY has a proud history of supporting the Fintech Industry. From B2C, B2B, start-ups, investors, incumbent financial institutions to regulators, policy makers, educational institutions, accelerators / hubs and industry associations such as FinTech Australia, we act as a connector to drive financial services innovation and growth.
Since the emergence of Australia’s fintech industry, we’ve been passionate about developing the ecosystem and supporting Fintech founders innovative start-up ideas, companies and their owners to capitalise on transformative opportunities and realise their potential.
We draw on the shared creativity, experience and diverse perspectives of our global Fintech network, spread across 30+ countries, to provide innovative, personalised, hands-on and tech-enabled end-to-end support for Fintechs at every stage of growth, including accessing R&D and tax incentives and non-dilutive government grants, tax compliance and tax efficiency, valuation, risk, growth, scaling and internationalisation.
Our EY Private and Financial Services teams, bring the best of EY to support entrepreneurs and Fintech companies of all sizes and structures, helping them achieve economic sustainability and growth, fund and commercialise innovation, use technology to solve problems and build companies to service global markets. In a fast-changing world, we give Fintechs the support they need to be effective today and create long-term value for tomorrow.
Our latest thinking
An important part of our commitment to supporting the Fintech industry is to deliver comprehensive, focussed and prescient thought leadership to help define the industry, identify the challenges and cast light on the best way forward for the sector. See some of our latest thinking at the links below:
- Financial Services – Our latest thinking
- EY FinTech Australia Census: How Australian Fintechs are planning to emerge stronger from the crisis
- Beyond Borders | Podcast on Spotify
- EY Private: Supporting private business
- Worldwide R&D Incentives Reference Guide 2020 | EY – Global
- COVID-19: How are governments responding to the call for stimulus? | EY – Global
EY Fintech Australia census 2020: How Australian FinTechs are planning to emerge stronger from the crisis
The EY Fintech Australia Fintech Census serves as a key piece of annual Fintech ecosystem research that helps us better communicate and understand the needs of the ecosystem. In its fifth year, the Census provides important insights into the development of the sector in addition to EY’s involvement in the annual Intersekt Fintech Festival and other key Fintech initiatives. A collaboration between EY and FinTech Australia, with research conducted by EY’s market research practice, EY Sweeney, the Census delivers a powerful fact base, combined with broader insight to inform and inspire those involved with the sector.
Read the latest Census
EY has worked with Heritage Bank to help deliver their new Open Banking Solution, with the objective to drive increased innovation and greater choice in financial services for Australian consumers. Heritage Bank has chosen to have the EY Fuse Open Banking platform at the heart of their Open Banking solution. Read more
How EY can help
Across all disciplines and from every angle, EY professionals draw on our shared creativity, experience, judgment and diverse perspectives to reframe the future for our clients – now, next and beyond. Here is a selection of key services our EY Team can help FinTech Australia members with:
- Business tax, accounting compliance, reporting, advice and structuring
- Personal tax and accounting compliance, reporting and advice, including family governance, succession planning, trust management, inheritance and estate planning
- Non-dilutive government funding identification, accessing and defending, including the R&D tax incentive, Export Market Development Grant (EMDG), ESIC, and other state and federal grants and incentives
- Valuations and business modelling
- Transaction tax, mergers and acquisition
- Initial public offering readiness and IPO services
- People and immigration advisory
- Indirect tax (e.g., GST, Stamp Duty)
- Audit services and risk assurance
- Cybersecurity and fraud and investigative dispute services
- Finance systems and processes; finance assessment and transformation
Tim Coyne – EY Partner – Asia Pacific Financial Services – Strategy and Transactions – Oceania Leader
Tim Coyne – EY Oceania Strategy and Transactions Leader, Financial Services Partner | EY Australia
Phone: +61 3 9288 8056
Andrew Parton – EY Partner, Insurance Technology and Open Banking Lead
Andrew Parton – EY Global Insurance Consulting Partner | EY Australia
Phone: +61 2 9248 4428