About RSM Australia
Having grown into one of Australia’s leading professional services firms for nearly 100 years since it was founded in 1922, RSM Australia is committed to enabling clients through a greater understanding of what matters most to their business.
RSM Australia is a member RSM, the world’s 6th largest audit tax and consulting network, which encompasses more than 820 offices in over 120 countries around the world, with a combined staff in excess of 48,000. In addition to local knowledge provided by our advisers in 30 offices across Australia, we draw on our international reach and scale to ensure clients stay at the forefront of the world’s best practices, technology, and innovation within a rapidly changing global economy.
Technology Business Advice
When you want to launch, manage, grow or sell a business in the rapidly evolving technology industry, you need a sounding board you can trust.
At RSM, we have worked extensively with C-suite right through to small business owners in the tech space. From innovative new platforms to service delivery and outsourced managed services, we understand the unique challenges and highly competitive landscape that emerging and established technology companies operate in.
We offer a full suite of services including business advisory, tax, risk, mergers and acquisitions, audit, and more.
How we work with clients in the technology and fintech space (service offerings)
- Funding – We can help you find the right sources of funding to achieve your business goals from R&D Tax incentives, government grants and early-stage investor scheme, to private capital and IPOs.
- Strategy and Growth – We provide expert advice designed to position you for success, as well as strategic outsourcing services to help save you time and resources, thus allowing you to focus on growing your business.
- Mergers and Acquisition – We have extensive experience in M&A of technology companies and can give you skilled guidance to help maximise value from a business sale, assist with due diligence for a more informed decision, and provide independent commercial valuations and expert reports.
- Financial Reporting and Tax Advice – Our experts can assist you with financial reporting, identifying the right business and tax structure, tax advice and compliance, transfer pricing, audits, and more.
- Risk Advisory Services – Our risk specialists can provide unique perspectives to identify and mitigate risks that your business could be exposed to – from fraud and forensic issues to cybersecurity and data analytics, consumer data right accreditation and compliance, among others.
For more information on how RSM Australia can help your fintech or technology business, visit rsm.com.au/technology.
Articles and insights:
- Case Studies | Meet our clients
- Article | How to structure your tech company to get the most from your people
- Podcast | Start Up Insights
- Article | Small Business Cyber Security Guide
Special Report | thinkBIG: Data Analytics
Meet our National Technology Sector Group Committee:
Andrew Sykes | National Leader, Technology | Partner – Canberra
Andrew Sykes is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Canberra and the National Leader of Technology with over 20 years’ experience advising businesses on taxation, growth and improvement strategies. Andrew manages consulting assignments and is responsible for providing clients with high-level financial advice and strategic initiatives across local and Commonwealth government departments and agencies, as well as small and large businesses in a range of sectors and major corporates. He also provides start-up and funding advice for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) operating in the technology sector.
Darren Booth | National Head of Cyber Security and Privacy Risk Services | Partner – Melbourne
Darren is a Director and National Head of Cyber Security and Privacy Risk Services. Darren has over 20 years of experience in IT audit, technology risk consulting and cyber security advisory in Europe, USA and Australia. He has provided assurance and advice on the scope of Consumer Data Right compliance obligations and information security requirements for over 50% of the FinTech Accredited Data Recipients, and is currently supporting the CDR accreditation for Open Banking and Open Energy applicants. He provides CREST accredited penetration testing services, CPS 234 assurance, and ASAE 3150, SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports
Peter Revelas | Partner – Sydney
Peter Revelas is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Sydney where he provides a commercial application of technical tax and accounting skills to suit the needs of his clients. He has worked in Chartered Accounting firms since 2001, developing an array of skills across multiple client types and sectors. Peter advises both local and international technology clients, their shareholders and employees on how to navigate the Australian tax environment and optimise their goals
Mathavan Parameswaran | Partner – Melbourne
Mathavan Parameswaran is a Partner in the Assurance & Advisory division in Melbourne and leads the Melbourne Technology Group. He has significant experience in delivering assurance and advisory services to publicly listed companies, not for profit organisations and private companies. Mathavan is also a member of the National Audit Committee (NAC). As part of the NAC, Mathavan leads the implementation of projects to deliver better innovation and processes to the external audit division.
Sam Mohammad | Partner – Brisbane
Sam Mohammad leads RSM’s National indirect tax practice and has nearly 20 years’ experience advising on indirect taxes. Sam specialises in providing practical and easy to understand GST, duty, payroll tax and fuel tax credit advice on complex matters, with a particular focus on clients in the technology sector. Sam’s client base includes multinational technology groups, digital marketplaces, local and cross-border software providers and Australian-based start-ups.
Steve Elias | Principal – Perth
Based in our Perth office, Steve is a Principal in the Tax Services division, providing specialist R&D tax incentive consulting services. Since 2007, Steve has provided R&D tax advice to a range of diverse industries across Australia. Prior to joining RSM in 2012, Steve was a member of the R&D tax incentive group at a big four accounting firm.