This award recognises an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the transformation and growth of the Australian fintech sector, either through defining new standards, launching a key technology initiative, or driving a regulatory-related change that benefits the industry and delivers benefits to investors, businesses and/or consumers.
This is open to all leaders in the role of Founder, CEO or senior management across any function e.g. MD/GM/COO, CMO, CFO, CTO etc in the Australian Fintech ecosystem i.e. they are currently working for a Fintech Startup, Hub, Accelerator/Incubator or Venture Capital Firm in Australia.
Please answer the following questions (500 words max per entry):
1. Detail your approach to leadership, and how it influences your actions and activities in your business.
Nominees must demonstrate:
Strong leadership and management potential
Exceptional skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
A significant impact on their company or business
Recognition of their personal brand and network and impact of this on their career
A commitment to personal development and a clear vision of the goals they have for themselves
- Provide up to 3 examples of initiatives you have developed as a leader in your business, detailing the success of the initiative. Include data which demonstrates how this translated into revenue growth, cost reduction or capital raised.
Examples of initiatives include:
Tactics and strategies used to generate new, repeat or referred business here or abroad, plus any marketing campaigns to support them;
Innovations delivered for your business and that have delivered efficiencies, new customers, and/or revenue growth.
Staff management/development strategies you have implemented in your business to ensure you attract/retain the best talent.
- What is a major obstacle you or your business has overcome, and how did your leadership ensure a favourable outcome?
- Please provide one to three references, testimonials or other sources of information (such as any audited financial or business metrics and/or statements, or third-party independent data reports) as evidence to support your answers.
Greg Moshal & Beau Bertoli, Founders and Joint CEOs, Prospa
● Cameron Poolman, OnDeck Capital Inc.
● Daniel Foggo, Ratesetter Australia
● Greg Moshal & Beau Bertoli, Prospa