Fintech Voice: Participate in our Annual Census
We hope you are well and staying safe in these uncertain times.
After three amazing years at FinTech Australia, creating a thriving industry, I announced last week that I am moving on to a new role at IAG Firemark Ventures in November and FinTech Australia is looking for a new CEO. View the Job Description and if you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A gentle reminder to all who haven’t completed the Census yet. We have attached a unique link and if you’re a Fintech, please use the link below. As Australia’s economy is steadily recovering from the pandemic, it is imperative to clearly gauge fintechs growth and policy drivers in this sixth edition of EY FinTech Australia census.
The September 15 date for the Finnies looks increasingly unlikely and we are currently working on two alternative contingency plans. We will soon be finalising these plans and will let you know as soon as possible but please keep Wednesday, October 6 free.
FinTech Australia is proud to have submitted its CDR 3rd version Draft Rules submission after extensive member feedback. Thank you to all of those involved in the process. We continue to have a range of ongoing consultations, including a new CDR consultation and the AML/CTF consultation. We also have a few virtual events available in the policy space.
If you need to chat or want to discuss anything, please feel free to give me a call.
FinTech Australia’s Annual Census
Calling out to all Fintechs to get involved in our Fintech Census! If you have the unique link, please use that to pause and continue from where you left off. Else, use the link below.
Strategic Assessment of the CDR Consultation
We are currently working with our members to put together our submission on our Strategic Assessment of the CDR consultation.
💵 Tax incentives and Capital access: RSM Australia partners with Radium Capital to host a presentation on R&D tax incentives and capital access. With focus on business innovation and maximizing ROI .REGISTER HERE to join on 25 August 2021 1:00 – 2:00pm AEST
🗼 FinCity.Tokyo: Following their series of Global Networking webinars from last year, Tokyo Metropolitan Government are delighted to present you their first event for 2021. They will introduce the updates in initiatives to support and attract foreign financial companies, both by public and private sectors. Join them on August 26,2021. Register Link 1 or Link 2
🏡 Easy Home Loans: Are you interested in hearing new and insightful research on the home loan experience as well as unique insights on how the loan process can be made more simple, connected, and all about the borrower? Join corporate partner Google’s briefing session – Join here – 26 August 2021 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT+10
- TechLend, a recently launched non-bank lender, has banked $50 million in funding from Silicon Valley-based fund Partners for Growth.
- eftpos has released a report in collaboration with FinTech Australia, delivering ten recommendations outlining how Australian FinTechs can best leverage the eftpos digital roadmap and API programs.
- [Ultimate Guide] Top Banking Transformation Case Studies
- Backbase recognised as a leader in Javelin Strategy & Research’s Small Business Digital Account Opening
- To support its global expansion, Dion Appel (pictured) has become the new local CEO of buy now pay later provider Openpay.
- The newly launched WeMoney community hosts a raft of well known fin-influencers from channels such as Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, now creating content within the app.
- MoneyMe has finalised documentation to significantly restructure its primary warehouse funding facility (MME Horizon 2020 Trust) and has completed a tap issue on its corporate bond.
- When Molnar met Eisen: The story of Afterpay
- NIUM raises US$200+ million Series D and becomes first Global B2B payments unicorn from South East Asia.
- After Square’s $39 billion acquisition of Afterpay, RBA governor Philip Lowe wants to review payments and give Central Bank more flexibility.
- What makes Australia ‘Crypto Ready’?
- How a local FinTech survived the Greensill saga
- A 620% upstick, can Equity Crowdfunding in Australia continue this momentum?
- State of Regtech in in APAC report.