FinTech Australia announces new board appointment, confirms board roles
December 1, 2022 — FinTech Australia has reorgnised its board, appointing one new member and several new roles.
Christian Westerlind Wigstrom, founder and CEO of Monoova, has been elected to FinTech Australia’s board.
The organisation also confirmed the role of several existing board members:
- Simone Joyce, CEO and co-founder of Paypa Plane, remains as Chair
- Oliver Kidd, founder and CEO of Archa, will become the board’s Secretary.
- Marie Mortimer, managing director of Loans.com.au and director of FinTech QLD, will serve as Treasurer
They join the current board members:
- Dominic Pym, Co-founder of Up and Co-founder and Director of Euphemia
- Cathryn Lyall, Partner, Seed Space VC and Co-Founder Seed Money
- Michael Saadat, Head of International Public Policy at Block
- Harry Godber, Head of Strategy and General Counsel at Flare
FinTech Australia Chair Simone Joyce said:
With these shifts, FinTech Australia’s board is well-positioned to address what will be another interesting year of challenges and growth for the sector. Christian is a well-known and respected figure within the fintech community, we’re glad to have his expertise guiding the organisation.
Rehan, D’Almeida, General Manager of FinTech Australia added:
Regular adjustments to our board is one of many ways in which FinTech Australia ensures its best serving the interests of its members.
I also want to thank Nathan, Paul and Robin for their contributions over the years. All three have offered invaluable advice over the years that have helped grow FinTech Australia and ensure its impact is maximised.