B2B SaaS events by AWS
August 17 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Sydney SaaS Startup Sales Workshop
Session 1: Going from Startup to Scaleup : Five Mistakes every founder/sales leader makes and how to fix them
Time: 120 mins including workshop – 8:30 to 10:30am
Speaker: John “JD” Dean, Founder, Sales Director Central, Speaker on Sales Acceleration and Startup growth
Going from founder led sales to a repeatable, reliable, and scalable sales model requires you to know what you’re doing wrong and what you need to change. In this hands-on two hour session, we’ll dive into:
- Based on an analysis of 50 startup/scale up sales motions, what are the most common mistakes startups make?
- The 6 pillars to create a peak performing team.
- Why your proposals and presentations are killing your business and how to reframe them to make it easy for prospects to buy.
- The one thing we should be measuring in sales, rather than what most people measure.
- Identify why infrequent buyers ghost salespeople and share how to avoid it.
- Finally, we discuss the last mile, the internal process for prospects to get a business case approved.
Outcomes: Understand and be able to correct the common mistakes for founders and sales leaders. Redo proposals and presentations so they help the buyer buy. Understand the framework to create a peak performing teams.
Session 2: Scaling Startups and How Sales Teams Evolve with Mark Birch
Time: 60 mins – 11am to Noon
Speaker: Mark Birch, Global Startup Advocate at AWS, Founder Enterprise Sales Forum
The assumption about scaling sales is that you hire a bunch of reps, set some targets, and press go. The reality could not be further from the truth. In fact, there are multiple consideration to take into account when building a sales team. In this session, we will unpack the following:
- Defining the three key stages of scaling sales teams
- Hiring the right profile of sales talent per scale stage
- Operationalizing the end-to-end sales process
- Building and embedding the enablement function
- Setting up the sales capacity hiring plan
- Fostering the sales team culture for team cohesion
Outcomes: Use the framework and concepts from this talk to establish a path towards scaling your own sales team and set them up for success while avoiding many of the pitfalls of startups that scale too quickly or too slowly.
Venue: Tower Two, 201 Sussex St, Level 1, Sydney, NSW 2000
Please note all attendees who enter IAG need to show proof that they are double vaccinated.
How to Raise Capital in the Current Markets
SaaS Founders and their executive teams are invited to this presentation discussion to hear from experienced VC partners at OIF on how to raise capital in current markets and how to manage unit economics of a scaling business in a turbulent market.
Attendees: SaaS B2B founders and executive teams. (CEO, CFO, COO). Post seed to Series a (post product, post revenue).
Venue: OIF Offices at Level 2, 30 – 36 Bay Street, Double Bay, NSW 2028